Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weather Schmeather...!

Well, the computer is up and running yet again. Can not for the life of me figure out the latest temper tantrum it's throwing, but I'll keep turning it on and hoping that it will give in just a little bit longer so I can write!! arrrgh!!!!

I had my sis and a friend notifying folks of the latest computer dilema and to "hold emails"... until further notice, so that has slowed them down a bit. Otherwise, the inboxes would be stuffed to the gills!

Anyway, whilst away I had an occasion to be at the specialties clinic at the hospital yesterday. And while awaiting the Dr. to fit me in...I got to observe a young couple w/their little boy. The mom had been gone for awhile somewhere and the dad was a very very cute/handsome typical guy w/a ball cap and gray t-shirt, well built, strong and young, for sure. He was what you might call a "hunk"! Yes, even old ladies notice!

Well there he was with his little son perched on his lap and he was patiently reading a story to him. The little guy was pretty attentive and well behaved...probably around 2 and a half or three tops. I noticed dad being exceptionally patient when the boy climbed down off his lap. Dad had told him to "not go past the line" across the floor, that separated the clinic from the hospital atrium.
And the little boy dutifully stayed close by. Mom came in and was "ME" when I was that young. She had on a black split top that tied in the back. She was slim, long straight brown hair that she easily gathered with a twist into a pony tail of sorts in the back. She was just lovely. She immediately sat down w/her little family and I saw him brush hair from her eyes. They gave each other a short kiss and not long after, they were all called back into the lab/xray area away from view.

I don't know why they intrigued me so, I just know that I felt an instant warm bond with these perfect strangers right off.
And my "mom" instincts prompted me to utter a silent prayer on their behalf. After all, they WERE in a hospital clinic.

I didn't know why they were there, or just who was being seen, or for what - but I was just compelled to ask God for protection of this loving, lovely little threesome.

They reminded me so of my husband and I just starting out in life so very many years ago. Our new little son and the love and connection shared then. Made me sentimental and somewhat wistful of the past. We travel such long and winding roads in our journey called life...and I guess that loving little group will be on my mind for some time to come. I'll keep praying for them, and although I don't know who they are... God does.

And in our traveling through the thickets of trouble, I may not be able to do any one thing for them in life that you can put your finger on and say, "This was what I did to help them on their way" - I can do one thing that will help, that they will never even know about...and that is to pray that God will keep them safe through the storms that inevitably will come.

Through the unforseen winds of change and mighty Tsunami's of trouble that can test even the most secure family foundations and threaten to sweep them away, maybe, just maybe... the sincere prayers of a stranger will help them to keep their eyes open to the rainbow at the end of each one, instead of the storm clouds which have threatened to break them.

I am not quite sure why we are imprinted with random situations and people we happen upon in life, but we often are. In this case, I observed a beautiful, attentive and loving, very young little family just beginning life together...and in light of the craziness of the world that surrounds them, the trials that are sure to come, I desperately want them to make it through whole and intact at the end of it all..

God bless this little family and keep them in your care...

And you? Keep your eyes open towards the rain clouds and never stop looking for that rainbow of hope at the end of your storm.

Have a good day!
Linda

No comments: